Strategic Planning: Designing Your Future
Strategic planning is a management tool used to help an organization do a better job, to focus its energy, ensure members of the organization are working toward the same goals, and assess and adjust the organization's direction in response to a changing environment. In short, strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus toward the future.
Program participants will gain:
- Assess the organization and current environment
- Planning tools for creating the future for the team or organization
- Ability to implement the plan
- Learn how to assess the current environment
- Understand the process for creating a strategic plan
- Develop and facilitate a strategic planning process
- Where is the organization (or team) now? In assessing the organization, participants will learn how to do a SWOT analysis, customer assessment, stakeholder interviews to assess the situation, recognize the internal and external environment
- Where do we want to be? Participants will learn mission, vision and values so that they are able to identify the future the organization or team wants to create
- How do we get there? Participants will learn to create strategies, goals, objectives and action plans.
- How do we measure the progress? Participants will learn aboutexecution, including accountability and performance measures.
- How do we track progress? Participants will learn about tracking systems and follow up.
Who Should Attend:
- Facilitators, trainers, human resource professionals, and managers