I'm OK - You're Difficult
Dealing with hard core, difficult persons can be taxing on us. Too often, we find individuals and organizations experiencing considerable stress and loss of productivity simply because these difficult people we encounter are not dealt with effectively. If we are on the receiving end, our strategy is to concede to demands we would not make in other situations. These difficult people can be customers, co-workers, a boss, and even those reporting to you. Whatever the impetus, they have one thing in common: they possess the ability to put us out of commission while we deal with their inappropriate behavior.
Program participants will gain:
- A thorough understanding of the most common types of difficult behavior
- Information on strategies proven to deal effectively with these individuals
- An understanding of their own style of communication and identify and foster improvement in areas where added support is needed
- Identify what type of person you are dealing with
- Identify the motivation behind the behavior
- Replace initial reactions to these people with proven techniques to regain your rightful place in the discussion (to promote effectiveness, these strategies are tailored to the individual's own communication style)
- Minimize the stress and time spent trying to sort out what is really being said
- Outline and foster the development of skills necessary for the immediate identification of what type of difficult person you are encountering
- Understand the motivation behind actions
- Provide a tool kit of fundamental behaviors necessary to stop difficult behavior so the relevant issues can be dealt with effectively and efficiently
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone dealing with "difficult" people.