What Official Transcripts Are
Academic transcripts of a student's educational record are released to parties
outside of the College only with written consent of the student. Exceptions
to this written consent requirement include federal and state judicial orders,
any lawfully issued subpoena of records, federal and state officers auditing
compliance with regulations governing various student benefit programs, recognized
accrediting organizations involved in the accrediting process, parents of students
under eighteen years of age who are financially dependent based on the federal
income tax returns of the parents and in emergency situations, appropriate
persons as determined by the Dean of Students in order to protect the health
and safety of the student or other persons.
Requesting Official Transcripts
No charge for Official Transcripts as of July 1, 2008. You may request
an Official Transcript two ways:
• Request an Official Transcript In Writing: Requests
to send official transcripts to third parties must be in writing. Requests
should include the student's full name, former names if applicable, signature,
social security number, student ID number, date of graduation or last
attendance, and the complete name and address of the recipient of the
transcript. Official transcripts bearing the College seal will be sent
to the designated recipient. Allow 7 to 10 working
days for processing. (See Printable Forms for Transcript
• Requesting an Official Transcript Online: For
faster service and if you have attended HCC within the past 21/2 years
and have access tomyCommNet you
may do the following:
- Login to myCommNet
- Click Student Tab
- Click Student Self Service
- Click HCC then Student Records
- Click Request Official Transcript
- Then follow the prompts
- Print out confirmation page, an email confirmation will be sent if
you have provided the College with your current email address.
Starting on Monday, March 30, 2015, Housatonic Community College will begin to offer the ability to obtain official transcripts in an electronic format (eTranscript). Current and former students will be able to request official eTranscrips to be sent to other educational institutions, potential employers, or any other appropriate entities.
- Current and Recent Students: Students who have been issued a NetID and password should login to myCommNet, navigate to Banner Self-Service, Student Records and click on the Request an Official eTranscript link. If you do not remember your NetID or password, please use the online self-help tools to obtain your NetID or reset your NetID password.
- Former Students: Students who have not been issued a NetID, please use this link to submit an official eTranscript request. Please ensure that your last name, first name, date of birth and last four digits of your SSN are entered correctly so that your request can be processed in a timely manner.
Printing Unofficial Transcripts
Unofficial transcripts are available to the student through myCommNet.
upon written request without charge. Request should be in the student's
full name, former names if applicable, signature, social security number,
student ID number, date of graduation or date of last attendance, and
your complete address. Allow 5 working days.
Printing a transcript using myCommNet:
- Sign on to myCommNet
- Click Student Tab , then Student Self-Service
- Click HCC
- Click Student Records
- Click Academic Transcripts the Submit