From the 2015-2016 Catalog
Our purpose at Housatonic Community College is to empower all individuals to develop to their full potential. We are committed to lifelong learning for all. As a knowledgeable and dedicated faculty and staff, we work together with students in a learner-centered, supportive, and stimulating environment. We prepare students to participate in, and contribute responsibly to, our global society.
Housatonic strives for:
- Affordable, accessible, and high-quality higher education;
- Sensitivity to students with diverse backgrounds, needs and goals;
- An intellectually active and culturally rich environment that features one of the largest art collections of any two-year college in the country;
- A state-of-the-art campus with up-to-date technology and facilities designed to serve students, community groups, and local businesses;
- A vital liberal arts foundation to help students to develop creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Certificate, training, and associate programs for transfer to baccalaureate institutions, for specific job and employment skills, and for personal enrichment;
- Comprehensive student support services that work proactively with students for their success;
- Active partnerships with the community, businesses, and other educational institutions.