Welcome to Housatonic Community College
Our purpose at Housatonic Community College is to empower all individuals to develop to their full potential. We are committed to lifelong learning for all. As a knowledgeable and dedicated faculty and staff, we work together with students in a learner-centered, supportive, and stimulating environment. We prepare students to participate in, and contribute responsibly to, our global society.
Housatonic strives for:
- Affordable, accessible, and high-quality higher education;
- Sensitivity to students with diverse backgrounds, needs and goals;
- An intellectually active and culturally rich environment that features one of the largest art collections of any two-year college in the country;
- A state-of-the-art campus with up-to-date technology and facilities designed to serve students, community groups, and local businesses;
- A vital liberal arts foundation to help students to develop creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Certificate, training, and associate programs for transfer to baccalaureate institutions, for specific job and employment skills, and for personal enrichment;
- Comprehensive student support services that work proactively with students for their success;
- Active partnerships with the community, businesses, and other educational institutions.