Health Careers Certificate: Health Careers Pathways (code: EK55)
This program is designed to assist the students to achieve success in health care programs. Students will be provided with the foundation necessary for health care professions. Credits from this program may be applied toward health care program requirements within Connecticut's Community College System. However, completion of this program does not guarantee an automatic acceptance into any health care program. Students are responsible for verifying specific requirements for their program of interest.
- Demonstrate competence in written and oral communication.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, logical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Effectively utilize and interpret medical terminology.
- Identify a variety of career opportunities and roles available in health care professions.
- Meet most requirements for entrance into health care programs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of psychological principles and how they relate to the health care field.
- Use and apply scientific methods.
Suggested Sequence of Courses:
Prerequisite or parallel courses may be required. Please check individual course
descriptions for details.