Computer Information Systems (code: EB60)
Associate in Science Degree
This program provides instruction in business-related computer information technology for persons who wish to upgrade their current professional skills or for those actively seeking employment in various computer positions.
- Demonstrate understanding of information technology necessary for entry-level employment and advancement.
- Demonstrate desirable attitudes and work habits, including creative thinking, the ability to solve problems, cooperation, good judgment, responsibility and self-reliance.
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of terminology and structure of various programming languages, personal computers, and the use of software tools in the workplace.
- Troubleshoot common programming and software problems and test for solutions.
- Develop, write, debug, and test simple programs in Visual BASIC and other languages.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional organizations and continuing education.
Suggested Sequence of Courses:
Prerequisite or parallel courses may be required. Please check individual course
descriptions for details.