A New Way to Take Math!
& iMath Lab Info and Hours
- Do you feel comfortable with computers?
- Are you self-motivated?
- Do you ever walk out of your math class thinking the teacher is going
way too FAST or too S-L-O-W?
- Do you feel you just need a math refresher?
- Do you struggle with fractions, percents and decimals?
If you answered YES to three or more of these questions,
this is the right MATH CLASS for you!
WHAT IS IT?
- A computer-based course that allows you to progress at your own pace.
- In-class tests are given when YOU are ready, NOT when the "class" is
- Courses may be completed in LESS than one semester.
- If you need more than one semester to
complete the course, registration will be required each semester.
- Self-Paced Studies teaches
you mathematics in a step-by-step manner.
- Instructors will facilitate, not lecture and will be available in the
classroom to help answer questions.
- At least one class period will be devoted to computer training.
HCC Self-Paced Studies Math
- Classes are scheduled at several different times for your convenience.
- In addition to scheduled class time,
each week you are required to work on the Internet either at home or in
HCC'S computer labs.
- An instructor and tutors will be available for help during class
- You take tests in class when YOU are ready.
- Instruction is computer based and you learn at YOUR own pace and
- Courses offered are:
MAT* E075, MAT* E095 and MAT* E137
How Do I sign up?
Look for the math classes labeled Self-Paced
in the Housatonic class schedule.
is designed for:
- Students who feel they already know the material and want a faster
way to progress through their mathematics courses.
- Students who feel overwhelmed in their
- Students who don't like the pace of a
- Students who are self-motivated.
- Students who like to work with computers.
- You must attend every class to make progress.
- 80% proficiency must be achieved to progress through the course.
- Each class is limited to 20 students.
- At-home Internet access is desirable but not
- Personal headphones will be used in every class. Please bring your
For further information or if you have questions about Self-Paced
Math contact Assantewa Dawson by phone at 203-332-5095 or email ADawson@hcc.commnet.edu