It is the vision of the Office of Institutional Research at Housatonic Community College to transform institutional data into a rich body of relevant strategic intelligence that is accessible and useful to decision-makers and to promote a culture of assessment that will provide continuous improvement of learning and services on the college campus.
The overarching goal of the Office of Institutional Research is to support the mission and goals of the College and State of Connecticut by measure of collecting, organizing, and analyzing data. Data dissemination focuses on measures of accountability and developing a culture of continuous improvement.
The office strives to provide quality, timely, useful and user-friendly information and analysis services to support college and departmental planning, decision-making, and accreditation activities on campus, while coordinating and maintaining reporting requirements for external agencies and organizations. The office provides leadership to integrate research and planning into College departments and programs. The office will support the administrative decision making processes through increased visibility and utilization of research and planning, thus contributing significantly to the continuing efforts to improve quality and effectiveness of the College. The Office will support planning and management by providing data and information to State office personnel charged with developing and implementing policy, and to serve as a reliable source for comprehensive and reliable information about the institution.
The Office will meet its Goals by:
- Creating linkages between strategic planning, college goals, and institutional data.
- Provide analytical reports to assist department in reaching their institutional goals.
- Provide information to government agencies as required.
- Provide analytic consultation and assistance to administrative and academic units as well as to college committees.
- Facilitating and participating in on-going and meaningful discussions of the college's purpose and performance.
- Work with the banner Team, IT and webmaster to develop and maintain accurate, comprehensive databases to support planning and management decision-making.
Janice Schaeffler, Director of Institutional Research, (203) 332- 5220